Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Research the Topic
Pages and Files
(How common items work)
(How toys work)
Medicine and Pharmacy
Enter New Projects Here
– She was an American physician. A physician is someone who practices medicine and is focused on restoring human health.
– She was born on May 24, 1898
– She died on May 20, 1986
Place of Birth
– She was born at Cambridge, Massachusetts
– She was known for creating a procedure to cure “Blue Baby Syndrome”.
– She created a special procedure that would cure the heart of a baby. This procedure would stop the baby from dying or getting severely injured from cyanosis (caused by congenital cardiac malformation) this defect stops the complete blood circulation to the lungs. Her studies showed that the special blood vessel called the “ductus” would circulate blood to the lungs. She knew that this blood vessel normally closed after birth and if it closed too early it would cause cyanosis. So the procedure that she produced was to keep open the “ductus” open longer or create an alternative path for the blood could go to the lungs
Worked at “Johns Hopkins Hospital”
Did you know
Lost her hearing around working age
Was always dyslexic
Fought female job discrimination
Baldwin, Joyce. To Heal the Heart of a Child. New York: Walker, 1992. Print
Changing the Face of Medicine. Dr. Helen Brooke Taussig. Changing the Face of Medicine, 2012. Web. 18 September 2013.
Discovery Education. Helen Taussig. Discovery Education, 2013. Web. 18 September 2013. [ Image ]
Enersen, Ole D. Helen Brooke Taussig. Whonamedit, 2013. Web. 19 September 2013.
Wikipedia. Helen B. Taussig. Wikipedia, 2013. Web. 18 September 2013.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"